Sunday, April 22, 2012

Why I Started a Blog (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Universe)

So. This is a blog. I finally started one. After years of resisting Twitter and the like, I'm finally giving in and joining the internet forces, and I will tell you why.


1. I live in New York City. This means that every single day, something happens that either makes me rant angrily or rave blissfully in my head for at least ten minutes. On the subway the other day, I was walking behind a couple who were holding hands, taking up the entire platform, and walking painfully slowly. Meandering I think is the term. For the subsequent ride uptown I went off on a nice juicy rant in my head about Slow-Walkers. Then I thought, Hey, Pieces, why don't you write some of this down some time! So, here I am.

2. I am a Neurotic Mess. I know. You are probably running for the hills now. But the truth is, right now, in this stage of my life, I am a Neurotic Mess. To sum it up, I have horrible anxiety thanks to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder stemming from when several of my friends passed away in high school, and another friend just passed away a month ago. And my boyfriend just moved to LA and dumped me. So, that qualifies me as a mess. 

Don't worry, though. The good thing is, I have a fantastic sense of humor and irony, and I'm a naturally joyful person, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just thought it would be interesting to chronicle my journey through this rough patch. Probably while holding a glass of wine in my hand.


3. I'm a chatty little thing. I tend to monologize. So, instead of doing this to my friends in person too much, I'll channel all my wise words about life and Law and Order SVU into the internet! Yay!

4. I've decided to upheave my life. This, of course is stemming from Number 2. The good thing about everything falling apart is that the only way to move forward is to make some changes. And I like a project. So, I decided to make myself the project. I made a list of resolutions. They are as follows:

_____________________

I WILL conquer this anxiety

I WILL celebrate the little things

I WILL get nothing below a B this semester

I WILL strive to be the best I can be, FOR MYSELF.

I WILL eat well

I WILL go to bed before midnight at least five nights a week

I WILL drink at least six cups of water a day

I WILL learn how to be alone again

I WILL BE HAPPY.
______________________


With this blog, I will hold myself accountable. Let's see how I do, shall we?

xo
Pieces of Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment